Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Right Course of Action

Sometimes things don’t go our way and we face a challenge. Depending on how we act we are either blessed by the trial or it becomes a cancer to us. The decision is entirely up to us.

“I WANT TO DO WHATS RIGHT, NOW, WHILE ITS IN MY BRAIN, BECAUSE LATER ON, I MIGHT NOT FEEL THE SAME.” -Collective Efforts

There are times when the right things come to mind immediately and my challenge is to decide to do them right then and there. Not to hesitate to do good, so often we only have a small window to serve or follow the best course of action. Often though the challenge we face is not doing what first comes to our mind. Our challenge is putting off the natural man and doing what is right.

A month ago a close friend of mine was about to do something that I told myself that if they did, I would react in x way. X way was a negative, immature, and un-christlike way. As I plotted my reaction to what I was sure my friend was going to do, a question entered my mind.

WHY PREMEDITATE A NEGATIVE, IMMATURE, AND UN-CHRISTLIKE RESPONSE?

As I thought about this question, my incubating anger melted away. I felt foolish for that first impulse. Later my friend did as I had anticipated and I met my friend with charity.

I was thinking of this in the wake of one of my friends facing a similar situation. I wish her the best of luck, and I hope that she can make the right choice.

1 comment:

Grace Hatton said...

Isn't the Atonement infinitely beautiful? Where we fall short, we are given the opportunity to pick back up and try again--and if we utilize the Atonement correctly throughout the whole process, we become better and stronger...knowing never to make that same mistake again.