Thursday, August 18, 2011

Eavesdropping Problem

I'm curious by nature. When I have a question I almost immediately seek an answer. This however doesn't always work out, because sometimes the answers are not found in a book or on the internet. An example is when questions are sparked by eavesdropping.

Eavesdropping is sometimes hard not to do. Especially in Manhattan as there are people in great throngs and in higher density than most other places you may find yourself. I feel like most of the time I can keep my nose out of other people's business, despite being curious. However, I've decided that people should do me a favor and make my job easier. Specifically they need to stop using cliff hangers.

For example, the other day in the grocery where I was shopping. I heard this woman clamoring on her cell phone as she passed behind me. While I enter into aisle #3, She shouts into her phone, "You will never believe what he told me!!!" heading towards aisle #1.

I'm undone. This stops me in my tracks. Okay, I don't remember if I actually stopped, and I can say that I definitively did not follow her around the store to hear the story. However, that doesn't mean I didn't consider it. I didn't know her, I didn't know to whom she was talking, I don't know who the "He" was, but I certainly wanted to know what unbelievable things "He" said.

How dare her!?

1 comment:

Mike and Emily said...

i wanna know! go back and demand explanation!